South African BRICS Youth Association (SABYA) hosts Innovation Summit
The South African BRICS Youth Association (SABYA) in collaboration with the National Youth Development Agency (NYDA) and The Tshwane University of Technology with support for Confucius Institute, EW SETA and FP&M SETA will be hosting the BRICS Youth Innovation Summit from 28 – 30 March 2023. The Honorable Minister of Women, Youth and Persons with Disabilities Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma will give the key address during the opening ceremony of the summit.
TV BRICS is a media partner of the event.
The BRICS Youth Innovation Summit is an international event that brings together young innovators, entrepreneurs, and leaders from the BRICS nations, which include Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa. The summit provides a platform for these young individuals to showcase their innovative ideas, collaborate with peers from different countries, and learn from experts in various fields. The summit serves as a meeting point between promising young entrepreneurs and business leaders, investors, partners and experts from across BRICS and the Global South.
As South Africa chairs the BRICS block in 2023, SABYA has various programmes which aims at empowering BRICS youth, one of them being the BRICS Youth Innovation Summit. The aims of the BRICS Youth Innovation Summit are:
– To establish an international platform for young entrepreneurs from BRICS countries and the global South to present and showcase their current projects;
– Promote peer-to-peer networking among young entrepreneurs working on innovative projects in similar or interlinked sectors;
– Educate young entrepreneurs on the opportunities offered by BRICS and other South-South/multilateral platforms;
– To link young entrepreneurs with experts and industry leaders to enhance their performance;
– Provide a platform for BRICS and Global South investors and businesses to partner with young entrepreneurs and invest in promising innovations;
The Summit will be aimed at young entrepreneurs and innovators between the ages of 18-35 from BRICS and global South countries who are already running projects in one of the following sub-themes areas:
– Youth Volunteerism;
– Green Economy;
– Skill development & EdTech;
In total, the summit will bring up to 42 young entrepreneurs and innovators to Pretoria to present their projects, with 50 to 150 attendees.
For more information about the BRICS Youth Innovation Summit, please visit the summit website.
MORE ON THE TOPIC
"The world will once again heed the BRICS proposal. In the face of a complex international situation and global challenges, South Africa has adopted ‘BRICS and Africa: A Partnership for Accelerated Growth, Sustainable Development and Inclusive Multilateralism' as the theme of this BRICS Summit, reflecting the shared desire of BRICS and Africa to promote peaceful development in the world"